Friday 20 May 2016

Paul pogba names four legends he wants to emulate



The Juventus star says he wants to combine the best of the game's greatest players to become a new type of player and admits he has "done nothing" in football so far…

I want to be Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane and Vieira all in one

Pogba wants to take the best qualities of the game's greatest in order to become a new kind of supermidfielder.

Pogba said
"I want to become the complete player," Pogba told ESPN. "I want to do everything: defend, attack, score, give assists, tackle, win back the ball. Be a leader on the field. "I want to become a new midfielder. From defensive midfielder to attacking midfielder to attacker. I want to take the qualities from everyone.

"Cristiano, Ronaldinho, Messi, everyone. Andres Iniesta. I'm serious. All players rolled into one. I'd like to get to the level where I have everything: Patrick Vieira, Didier Deschamps, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry, Ronaldo. It wouldn't be bad, that.

"I've already scored goals, given decisive passes, won back balls. It's really just about raising the level."

Despite currently residing with Juve and having dominated Italian football, a humble Pogba says he is a way off reaching his best.

"I don't think I am a great; I think I've done nothing. I've done nothing in soccer," the 23-year-old added.
"I've won leagues, but I haven't won the Champions League, the World Cup, the Euros. Winning Euro 2016 in France, that wouldn't be bad. "I want to work, to be a great, to win everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment