Saturday 30 April 2016

Guardiola is confident his team can overhaul Atletico in champions league.

The Spaniard demands his side's semi-last is not over yet and is sure the Bundesliga champions can update Diego Simeone's men in the arrival leg on Tuesday.

 Pep Guardiola has not given up making it to the Champions League final despite losing the first leg of their semi-final 1-0 at Atletico Madrid.

 A single Saul Niguez strike that seperated both sides at Vicente Calderon giving Diego's team an upper hand meaning the German champions face a tough test in the return at Allianz Arena. However, Guardiola is confident his team can overhaul Atletico and also explained his decision to start the game without Thomas Muller.

 "The reason was purely tactical. I just wanted to play with one striker,” he told reporters. "My experience of playing with two centre-forwards is not good. I wanted more control, but I love playing with Thomas Muller. "In Lisbon, Robert Lewandowski sat out but we won. Then it was not an issue. "In the end, I have to make a decision. It's not over yet, we still have a chance. [If it goes wrong] then you can kill me!" Pep said

No comments:

Post a Comment